Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwich

I have had some pork boneless ribs sitting in the freezer and had been wondering what to do with them. The first thing that came to mind was to throw them in the slow cooker add BBQ sauce and serve pasta salad, corn and bread.

My husband is not the biggest fan of pork, so when I told him what I was making for dinner he was not thrilled and didn't want ribs. So, it was leftovers for dinner. We headed out to Coyote Point park and ended up bringing home take-out.

On Monday, I was trying to figure out what to feed everyone for lunch, since all were home due to the holiday. Since ribs was shut down the other day, I came up with plan B. I shredded the pork, added BBQ sauce and made french fries. SUCCESS



Boneless ribs: $5
French Fries: $3.50
Coleslaw: Under $0.50 (not sure of cost, cabbage was $0.99 and bag of carrots $0.99)
Hamburger Buns: FREE (Lucky Supermarket promotion)

Total: $9 for 5 people

No comments:

Post a Comment